How to Plan a Vegetable Garden - top10 Tips
1. Fertile, well prepared soil is necessary for a successful garden. The exact type of soil is not as important as that it be
well drained, well supplied with organic matter, reasonably free of stones, and moisture retentive.
2. Sufficient sunlight & good air movement around a garden is important.
3. Map or layout Garden as you can move all the sides of garden easily.
4. You are now ready to sow your seeds, Water your garden thoroughly the day before you intend to plant or seed.
5. Planting Depth is much important, so, don’t put seed more than 2 -5 cm depth.
6. Firm the soil over the seeds to ensure good moisture contact. Water thoroughly using a gentle spray without uncovers the seed.
7. Seeds need moisture to germinate, so it is important to keep the soil evenly moist until the seedlings are sprouted and growing.
8. Don’t give excess water. About an inch of water per week is usually sufficient. Water when the top inch of soil is dry.
9. Weeds compete with your vegetables for water and nutrients, so it's important to keep them to a minimum. Mulching between the rows will help to control weeds.
10. Throughout the growing season make control on insect pests. Keep all area of garden clean & neat so, it cannot attack by any pest & disease.